here's Jason with his first pair of shorts on:
I just realized yesterday that I have only 1 more month to be home with Jason! I never thought I would say this, but the time really does go by quickly!
I was going to go back to work full-time. But, as we started getting closer to the time when we needed to find daycare options for Jason, I had a sudden (and unexpected!) change of mind. About 2 weeks ago, I realized that I did not want to be away from Jason everyday and have him in daycare. Someone could have made A LOT of money off of me about a month ago, because I would have bet a significant amount of money that I would DEFINITELY want to go back to work full-time. well, that's not so much the case anymore.
so, I worked it out with my boss-- (it is SO AWESOME to work somewhere that they are so flexible and accommodating to keep me on board!):
I am going to work 2 evenings a week (Mon and Thurs) seeing clients at the outpatient office, and go to a school 1 day a week. my friend Lori is going to watch Jason on the 1 day and I am going to bring him over to Gram's house around 3pm on the other 2 days- so he'll be there until Matt gets off from work. it seems like it is really going to work! and I feel so happy and at peace about it all.
we'll be broke, but happy.
Sandra! What a wonderful solution! I am so glad this is working out for you guys. Its amazing how God makes things work out. Its also amazing how things change - you never know how you are going to feel until you get there, I guess. Awesome. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteP.S. That is awesome of Lori. She rocks.
P.P.S. Argh! I can't BELIEVE I haven't met Jason yet! Poo on me!
I agree with Jenn. This is fantastic news. I think you cannot know until you are in a situation how you will really feel or what you will want to do.
ReplyDeleteWhat about a "Small Group Meets Jason" night? I think that would be fantastic as well! :)
I think you'll love staying home, at least for now. I am not going back to teach in the fall either so I'm going to join the broke club!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Erin, we need to get together, maybe you can play hostess so we can meet Jason...not to invite a bunch of people to your house or anything.
ReplyDelete