Saturday, May 12, 2007

lots of "firsts"...

we have lots of "firsts" to report around here:
1. first picnic! we met up for the afternoon with my old Bible study girls. it was a beautiful day and wonderful to see everyone!2. first time sitting up without support! Jason sat up without me holding him for the first time at the picnic-- then we tried it again at home (just to make sure it wasn't a fluke thing!) and, sure enough, he can do it! (no photo available at the present time- sorry!)

3. first experience with rice cereal! it wasn't the most enjoyable experience for him, but he did actually swallow the food- which I hear is the hard part. we'll probably keep trying a little at a time-- the Dr. said not to make it into a big ordeal or struggle. just start introducing him to it and let him explore!
here's the moment captured in a few photos:

- "what is he doing? I have never seen that stuff before?"




- "I guess I will try it..."









- "oh my goodness! I do NOT like this!"

- "YUCKY!"








- "alright, ok, Dad... I might be willing to try this again- but don't expect TOO much from me. I'm still just trying to make sense of this world!"

3 comments:

  1. Man, Jason is growing to fast! All these new firsts! It's so crazy how much more he's doing now. I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I had a WONDERFUL time today! thanks for organizing the picnic! I love little Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy we got to witness one of his firsts-thank you for setting everything up!

    ReplyDelete