here is the link, if anyone is interested: Charity George
(I will post it over to the side, as well- for future reference.)
from reading their blog, I'll try to summarize the situation:
I think what happened is that on April 19 she began to have numbness on the left side of her body. she went to the doctor and symptoms began to get worse. she had an MRI and they found a lesion on her brain stem between her brain and her spine on the right side, which affects the left side of her body. She continued to have more physical problems- slurred speech, limited movement. After being at a couple different hospitals, she is now at the Mayo Clinic in MN. it seems like her situation has just continued to get worse- today, it was an encouragement that she was able to move her thumb. she communicates by blinking her eyes or glancing to the left or right. she cannot swallow. There is still no diagnosis- it could be MS, or cancer, or something else.
From reading the blog journal, you can quickly tell that they are fully depending on God to sustain them. Matt's cousin, Jeremy, posted this prayer on the website:
Would you join me in praying like we are called to pray...In faith, with no questions in our minds about the character of God.
I am completely submissive to the will of God. I can be angry, frustrated, sad, feeling sorry for myself and for Charity, confused or dismayed OR I can trust God. I choose to trust God with my the most precious gifts in my life. They are His. Join me here. It is so much easier and lghter to live this way. Jesus is true when He says, "My burden is light."
Amen. So be it. May His name be praised.
Pray that God will use the doctors to perform this miracle that we are believing in. Pray that the doctors would be amazed at God, however God chooses to act. This is not random. Our suffering will not be wasted, and will not be without purpose. Look around. He is at the center of all of this. Rejoice. Rejoice. Rejoice. We love you all so much. Please do not give in to despair. There are no clouds here.
Amazing.
From reading the blog journal, you can quickly tell that they are fully depending on God to sustain them. Matt's cousin, Jeremy, posted this prayer on the website:
Would you join me in praying like we are called to pray...In faith, with no questions in our minds about the character of God.
I am completely submissive to the will of God. I can be angry, frustrated, sad, feeling sorry for myself and for Charity, confused or dismayed OR I can trust God. I choose to trust God with my the most precious gifts in my life. They are His. Join me here. It is so much easier and lghter to live this way. Jesus is true when He says, "My burden is light."
Amen. So be it. May His name be praised.
Pray that God will use the doctors to perform this miracle that we are believing in. Pray that the doctors would be amazed at God, however God chooses to act. This is not random. Our suffering will not be wasted, and will not be without purpose. Look around. He is at the center of all of this. Rejoice. Rejoice. Rejoice. We love you all so much. Please do not give in to despair. There are no clouds here.
Amazing.
Sandra and Matt,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for your cousin. God is already glorified in their family. How awesome is their faith! I am in awe and in prayer...
Jen