we are back!
after 2 fabulous weeks of life away from real life, we are back home.

- I spent the week with the participants who were in their 4th and final year of the conference. it was great to be surrounded by college-age kids who also LOVE being there. at the end of the week, they "graduated" from the conference-- so there were lots of sad good-byes for many of them at the end of the week.

- Matt spent the week with the 2nd year particpants.. and one of the fun activities they got to do was the low ropes/initiative course. here they are trying to get their whole group through the "spider web" without anyone touching the netting sides.
and while Matt and I were busy with the conference, Nanee got to spend lots of quality time with Jason! unfortunately, I don't have any good pictures of them as we were not together all that often... but Nanee did a GREAT job taking care of her grandson for 2 weeks!!! THANK YOU, Nanee!!!
- since we were at a camp, we had to do our best with the resources we had.... bathtime for Jason was on the kitchen counter- yet, the boy still had a great time! (note the farmer's tan on him- I think that's not a good thing for babies! oops!)
now, we just have to get re-adjusted to our new reality:
- I start back to part-time work this week
- Matt has 1 more week before he has to go back to work
- Jason will be going to Lori's and Gram's during the week
- Uncle Sam has left for Iraq
- the bills didn't pay themselves
- and we are going to transition church locations from the Westside back to Clovernook.
but before I get too caught up in all that is to come, the past 2 weeks definitely deserve a re-cap of great moments! so, here it goes...
- we all got to meet little Lilly, who came to visit Cincinnati all the way from south carolina! she is 1 week older than Jason, but definitely lots bigger. its funny comparing babies around the same age-- she was such a great sitter and could easily reach for the toys she wanted. whereas, Jason can sit for about 2 seconds before he topples over and scoots his way to the toys. either way, though, they were both able to get to what they wanted!

- although Jason is being a bit whiney in this picture, he was able to spend a little time with both of his great-grandmas in Michigan: GG and Nana!

- Jason went on his first boat ride ever on Fine Lake with great-aunt
Vicki! he really seemed to like it a lot- I am glad he loves the water so much!
- I start back to part-time work this week
- Matt has 1 more week before he has to go back to work
- Jason will be going to Lori's and Gram's during the week
- Uncle Sam has left for Iraq
- the bills didn't pay themselves
- and we are going to transition church locations from the Westside back to Clovernook.
but before I get too caught up in all that is to come, the past 2 weeks definitely deserve a re-cap of great moments! so, here it goes...
- although Jason is being a bit whiney in this picture, he was able to spend a little time with both of his great-grandmas in Michigan: GG and Nana!
- Jason went on his first boat ride ever on Fine Lake with great-aunt
- I spent the week with the participants who were in their 4th and final year of the conference. it was great to be surrounded by college-age kids who also LOVE being there. at the end of the week, they "graduated" from the conference-- so there were lots of sad good-byes for many of them at the end of the week.
- Matt spent the week with the 2nd year particpants.. and one of the fun activities they got to do was the low ropes/initiative course. here they are trying to get their whole group through the "spider web" without anyone touching the netting sides.
- since we were at a camp, we had to do our best with the resources we had.... bathtime for Jason was on the kitchen counter- yet, the boy still had a great time! (note the farmer's tan on him- I think that's not a good thing for babies! oops!)
and, finally, we stopped at Michigan State on the drive home-
we got to see where Nanee and Grandy met each other and fell in love!
here's Jason under Papa's "interesting" influence at the Mexican restaurant:
he's definitely a grabber!
we got to see where Nanee and Grandy met each other and fell in love!
here's Jason under Papa's "interesting" influence at the Mexican restaurant:
and that's the summary! I'm looking forward to being back on the blog! until next time...

I love how happy he looks on the boat. Like he was born to be there.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!!
I'm so glad you updated your blog so quickly! I will definitely be coming to visit sometime soon to see you guys and Jason!
ReplyDeleteI just saw that your corn is dead! How sad!
ReplyDeleteso glad you are back.
ReplyDeletesee you at the gathering!?!?! yippeee!