Thursday, June 25, 2009

KARAH HAS ARRIVED!

. . . and the VonGeorges have been cleared for landing...

Wow! Karah is now on the outside looking in. We finally got our labor / delivery room at around 2:30pm on Wednesday. They immediately put Sandra on a very small amount of pitocin and the contractions started getting intense right away. They broke her water at 4:00, gave her an epidural at 4:30, Karah was here by 5:48 pm. . . call it a day. Much to our surprise, our little princess weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz! Please don't make silly comments to us about how she may be a monster truck driver, or a linebacker for the Chicago Bears. She is a delicate flower . . . with lots of petals.

She seems to be an extremely even tempered young soul . . . so far. She wanted nothing more than to sleep through the entire night. Alas, we had to keep disturbing her to try and get her to eat.
She has some dark hair on her head and is very slow to cry. We really like her.



Here's a pick of the first time she met her big brother:
I can't resist including this little gem, for all of you out there who refuse to believe that "little Sandra George" has the ability to push out a 9-pounder. . . .check this out:









Hard cheese to swallow, I know, but it is all true and wonderful.
We are all very happy and healthy and glad to share a very special new day on the George calendar with you. June 24, 2009.


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Matt sure has a way with words. I love the pic of Jason meeting Karah. Wow. Congrats and may Karah keep wanting all that precious sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Karah - she is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra--9 pounds!!?? Oh my! Way to go! Karah is beautiful and I am joyous with you. Can't wait to hear more.
    Love, Jen Oshman

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow I cannot wait to meet her!! I was a big baby like that, so don't worry, its a sign of high intelligence =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beeutiful baby!! Congratulations!!
    She is a big girl, I am glad every one is doing well.
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job on the blog Papa Von George
    Great job on the delivery of your beauty Sandra
    Beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a mouthful of cheese to swallow, but one of tasty melted chili con queso, rather than a nasty gargonzola. We love your new addition, can't wait to take her up Mount Baldy! Salud and shalom!
    Mike, for themonahanfam

    ReplyDelete