Wednesday, September 8, 2010

open house

Matt and I went to a "New Parent Open House" at preschool this evening--  I had already gone on a tour/observation of the school last Spring and met the teachers last week at our special "Meet the Teacher" morning, so I really just used our visit tonight to take pictures of his classroom!  (I thought STL grandparents and Alaska family might like to see his class!)

so, here's our little preschooler and his very first classroom ever!

- when he first walks into the class, he picks up his orange paintbrush with his name...
- then he puts the paintbrush on this board...
- the Reading Center AND the classroom gerbil named Marshmallow (who we didn't even know about until we saw him tonight)
- Snack Area.  the kids get to pour their own drink (choice of water or juice) and serve themselves their own snack...  I think they can go to this table any time during the "free choice" part of the day.
- Playdough Center
- Math Center
- Paint Area
- Kitchen and Dress-up Area
- Words for this Week: Sea Animals

1 comment:

  1. Real school! That is for sure. And Jason already has a good background for sea animals from Sea World. Remind him of the sting rays and show him the pictures.

    ReplyDelete