Wednesday, June 15, 2011

our little performer!

yesterday was a super fun-filled day here at camp!
Jason and I have started reading "Mr. Popper's Penguins," thanks to my sister who accidentally left it here in Michigan when they were visiting...  (I'll get it back to you soon, sis, I promise!)  this is our first chapter book, and Jason really seems to enjoy listening- which is very exciting.

in the evening, everyone was invited to dress up for a "prom" over at girls camp for dinner.  so Jason raided the boys camp costume closet... and this was the result:
I think he wanted to be an indian...  after other people's comments about him looking hawaiian, he now says he wants to live in hawaii when he grows up!  I said "Great-- I'll come to visit you lots!"

here is Jason with his great friend, getting a groove on at the dance

playing tetherball with more friends at girls camp

and, for the greatest part of the evening= Jason and I performed a song at the Talent Show!  he was a huge hit and even opened the show with a little knock-knock joke.  he used the microphone and seemed to have no hesitation to be in the spotlight!  I was very proud.




2 comments:

  1. Jenn has read or is reading that book to the kids at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I was wondering where it went - it's actually mom's but we haven't finished it yet. :) What song did you guys sing?! Soo fun!!

    ReplyDelete