Wednesday, June 29, 2011

the perfect day off

last Saturday, I had the "day off" from my job as the office manager-- and, thankfully, it turned out to be the first warm, sunny day of the summer!

we started the day with a delicious breakfast in the LITTLE town of New Era (we're talking maybe 6 shops in the downtown stretch)-- strawberry pancakes for me!  then a quick stop at the petting farm on our way to the beach!  the kids loved the water and the sand-- and I enjoyed watching them play.

can you see my little family?

playing with their new sand toys!

beach baby!

after naps and a quiet, book-reading afternoon in the hammocks- we headed to my favorite beach town of Pentwater. I seriously LOVE this place... though I will admit that the easy, shop wandering days I remember from college are definitely not the same with kids in tow!  the best part was our super fun surprise encounter with the Standfests (our cousins and aunt and uncle)!  next time we go up to Pentwater, I'll be sure to take some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Love the one of Matt w/ the kids - very cute! So funny you saw the Standfests!

    ReplyDelete