Tuesday, June 14, 2011

scenes from our summer home

Jason and I are having lots of quality time together this week, as Matt and Karah are back in cincinnati for the week.  yesterday we ventured on a hike through the camp- Jason finding places he recognized from previous years and exclaiming "hey!  I remember this place!"

we had our first trip to Whippy Dip ice cream this week-- I predicted we would frequent this place at least 10 times over the summer.  Jason's guess is "100 times!"  we'll see who wins this bet!
I also enjoyed some fried asparagus the other night--  this area grows LOTS of asparagus and is home to the National Asparagus Festival (which was last weekend).

here are a few pictures of scenes from our home for the summer:
the lake

trails of boys camp 

Jason playing hockey 

the bridge over the road to the lake 


the apple tree I helped plant last week 

our office

stayed tuned for more updates to come!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra - I love that you're back to blogging!!! And I'm sorry it took me so long to figure it out! Glad you all made it safely to camp - it looks like the kids are loving life. I pray it's an awesome time for you all as you make lots more memories! I love the look of the new blog too by the way - and I didn't even know about those new font options...I need to get my act together! Looking forward to keeping up with you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Jason is loving having time with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy when I read your blog. I have now subscribed to it by email. But I really like the actual website to read it better. Prettier. I love you guys so much!
    Nanee/Mom

    ReplyDelete