Saturday, January 28, 2012

my dearest Kare-bear



my dearest Kare-bear,
oh my goodness, little sister, YOU are one awesome little girl!  SO full of emotion and expression--  there is never a moment when any of us are unsure as to how you are feeling!  You seem to always know exactly what you want, what you like and what you definitely do not like.  I often describe you as "sassy."  Please understand, sweet one-- this is a term of endearment.  You are bold and don't shy away from conflict.  Thankfully, this does not come across as aggressive-- but definitely assertive.  and you are a tough cookie!  While a certain other little boy is found sobbing after a sibling collision, you are already up and playing moments later, with only a huge red swollen bump on your forehead to give us any indication that there was an incident!

You love to be in control--  "tickle me!  tickle me again!  again, Mommy!  no, stop- no thank you.  ok- tickle me again!"  While we often have to remind you to use "nice words" when you want something and  often have to ask you to use a quieter (read: not yelling!) voice, your know how to live in the moment!

and, Karah, your passion for justice is undeniable.  Daddy used to always say that you are going to grow up to be a human rights activist!  You absolutely want the same chance as everyone else and the same choices.  I'm quite certain you will have some tough lessons to learn in this department throughout your life, as disappointment, sadness, confusion, shame, and anger are sure to accompany your vision and quest for helping to make this world as it *should* be.  I pray that you will fully embrace God's love for you so that, in turn, you will be able to so passionately share LOVE, His Love, with this world.  He has some awesome plans for you, my daughter!  A girl with this much spunk and beauty and confidence combined with knowing God's love and hope is bound to make some mighty grand impressions in this world!

I am blessed by your presence in my life, Karah-boo.  I truly pray that I will keep changing to be a better and better mama for you!
Love forever,  your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment